The accepted list from STACS has just been posted. Streaming papers that caught my eye include:
- AMS Without 4-Wise Independence on Product Domains [Ostrovsky, Braverman]
- Improved Approximation Guarantees for Weighted Matching in the Semi-Streaming Model [Epstein, Levin, Mestre, Segev]
- Continuous Monitoring of Distributed Data Streams over a Time-based Sliding Window [Chan, Lam, Lee, Ting]
On the topic of conferences, if you head across to Vancouver/Whistler tomorrow, you can hear about some new stream results at NIPS and then go skiing. Does it get better than that?
- Streaming k-means approximation [Ailon, Jaiswal, Monteleoni]
- Streaming Pointwise Mutual Information [Van Durme, Lall]
On an entirely different topic, are you a smart, enthusiastic undergraduate with an interest in doing some exciting research in data streams (or algorithms in general) for your Ph.D? Perhaps you should apply to UMass. Just a thought…