You are currently browsing the monthly archive for April 2010.
The accepted list for ICALP has been posted. Some of the papers relevant to the blog include:
- Data Stream Algorithms for Codeword Testing [Rudra, Uurtamo]
- Streaming algorithms for independent sets [Halldorsson, Halldorsson, Losievskaja, Szegedy]
- Choosing, Agreeing, and Eliminating in Communication Complexity [Beimel, Ben Daniel, Kushilevitz, Weinreb]
- Composition theorems in communication complexity [Lee, Zhang]
- Testing Non-uniform k-wise Independent Distributions over Product Spaces [Rubinfeld, Xie]
Also, following on from my post about the PODS accepted papers, I wanted to note that the best paper was awarded to [Kane, Nelson, Woodruff] for their data streams paper on “An Optimal Algorithm for the Distinct Elements Problem.” Congrats!
BONUS! A Challenge… So you’re done with your FOCS submission? Well, don’t dawdle, there are plenty of deadlines over the next week to keep you occupied. Who needs sleep?
- ESA 2010 on 12th April
- MASSIVE 2010 on 14th April (a conference on algorithms for massive data sets brought to you by the MADALGO massive)
- TAXES 2010 on 15th April
- RANDOM and APPROX 2010 on 18th April
A beer/beverage-of-choice to anyone who makes them all!