You are currently browsing the monthly archive for June 2012.
As promised, here are the slides from the STOC Workshop on Algorithms for Distributed and Streaming Data. The workshop was standing-room only so here’s your chance to review the slides while sitting down. More generally, all the workshops seemed to be a great success and I’m happy to see that the experiment will be repeated at FOCS. Deadline for proposals is 20 June.
- Sergei Vassilvitskii, Google: Distributed and Parallel Models
- Andrew McGregor, UMass Amherst: Data Streams and Linear Sketches
- John Langford, Microsoft Research: Fun Machine Learning Problems on Big Data
- Piotr Indyk, MIT: CS on CS: Computer Science Insights into Compressive Sensing (and vice versa)
- Ashish Goel, Stanford and Twitter: Challenges in Industry and Education
Thanks again to the speakers and everyone who came along.