As promised, here are the slides from the STOC Workshop on Algorithms for Distributed and Streaming Data. The workshop was standing-room only so here’s your chance to review the slides while sitting down. More generally, all the workshops seemed to be a great success and I’m happy to see that the experiment will be repeated at FOCS. Deadline for proposals is 20 June.
- Sergei Vassilvitskii, Google: Distributed and Parallel Models
- Andrew McGregor, UMass Amherst: Data Streams and Linear Sketches
- John Langford, Microsoft Research: Fun Machine Learning Problems on Big Data
- Piotr Indyk, MIT: CS on CS: Computer Science Insights into Compressive Sensing (and vice versa)
- Ashish Goel, Stanford and Twitter: Challenges in Industry and Education
Thanks again to the speakers and everyone who came along.