New Blog: Eric Blais, Sourav Chakraborty, and C. Seshadhri have started a new blog on property testing at http://ptreview.sublinear.info/. Also check out Moritz Hardt’s newish blog at http://mrtz.org/blog/.
This Blog: Things have been quieter at the polylogblog over the last few months but this will soon be rectified. This semester, I’m visiting the Simons Institute for the Theory of Computing in Berkeley. The program on Theoretical Foundations of Big Data Analysis has been great so far and the second workshop starts tomorrow: tune in live here for everything you’ve always wanted to know about “Succinct Data Representations and Applications”. However, with so much happening, I’ve been rather derelict in my blogging duties. Fortunately, numerous other bloggers have picked up the slack:
- Moritz Hardt: http://mrtz.org/blog/what-should-a-theory-of-big-data-do/
- Sebastian Bubeck: https://blogs.princeton.edu/imabandit/2013/09/02/first-week-of-activity-at-the-simons-institute/
- Muthu Muthukrishnan: http://mysliceofpizza.blogspot.com/2013/09/simons-big-data-boot-camp.html
- Suresh Venkatasubramanian: http://geomblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/on-theory-of-big-data.html and this, and that.
- Gil Kalai: http://gilkalai.wordpress.com/2013/09/09/simonsucberkeley/